I have recently switched from iGTD to Omnifocus since it has got a really good iPhone app and its integration (with a WebDav Server) is the best IMHO. However, I didnt like their stock mail rule as it would always treated my email footer as a new task (if I forward something or CC myself onto a mail). Furthermore, my email server does not support the +omnifocus address extension.
Therefore, I have changed the builtin mail rule a bit by
A) ignoring the allowed senders (I have an own imap mailbox for my tasks), since they are automatically turned off once you disable the stock email rule. However, you can probably modify the mail rule appropriately.
B) making the whole post a single action so that all of the mails content goes into the notes of the task.
I will modify the script a bit further (once I have time) to also add a link to the original mail (if I manage to get that working). This is one of the drawbacks of OmniFocus at the moment. This was working better in iGTD.
Set up a manual mail rule, define your rules when to apply the rule, then fill out the form similar as shown in the screenshot below.
this mail rule is out out date, please take a look at the newest posts tagged with „Omnifocus„, to find the latest version.
I have read the book Getting Things Done. The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen and I have been trying to get my hands on some of his recommended folders to do all my paperwork. It has been really hard to find them in Europe (at least Germany and Austria). Finally I found comparable Folders on Amazon.
Leitz: Leitz Einstellmap.m.Tabs cham. 2434VE100
These ones are exactly like the normal US manila file folders with easy to label latches. I can really recommend them.
After lots of hackery I finally got a decent semi automated iGTD -> iPhone export working.
It goes like that:
- it changes the default html export format of iGTD, based on the information here. You have to open the package contents of iGTD and replace the old export templates with these files. The template is inspired by the good looking OmniFocus bookmark exporter (OFfline)
- then create a folder which will receive the exported html file
- use this folder action script which is based on the information macosxhints
- put the script into /Library/Scripts/Folder Action Scripts
How to use:
1. go to the context view (projects view does not work yet)
2. select File->Export to file
3. in the export dialog select „HTML table“ as a format
4. save it in the folder that you have assigned the folder action to
In the near future I intend to extend this to also sync with an iphone data bookmark but for now this is already quite nice.
Grab the file here