Hey this is is it, the long awaited updated version with features to spare.
- configurable growl notifications (provided by Paul)
- fix for empty subject lines (provided by Paul and Peter)
- added mail headers (from, date) to content of the note (provided by Paul)
- does not rely on a separate jar tool anymore and should therefore be more compatible with older Mac OS versions. (courtesy of someone on the omnifocus forums whos name I forgot unfortunately)
- configuration options
- growl enabled
- delete mail after turning it to an omnifocus task
- bring omnifocus to the front
- put cursor into a specific field in the quick entry panel
- open quick entry panel (or just add the task silently to inbox)
- Double click the zip file to extract it
- Copy the contents of the zip file to <userhome>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Outlook Script Menu Items (you can do this even easier by opening Outlook, selecting the script menu item “About this menu…” and then click “Open Folder”.
- that’s it
Note to non-english office users:
Your Outlook Script Menu Items folder is in a different location. Please go the route via “About this menu” explained in point 2!
- select a mail in outlook
- open the script menu and choose ”Send Outlook to Omnifocus” (see screenshot) or alternatively just press CTRL+O (o, not zero)
So if you want to tweak the settings of the script, bring up the file in the outlook menu items folder and double click it.
This will open AppleScript editor (if it does not, then you can try right click and choose Open with…). In applescript editor you will see a configuration block on the top of the file. Change the values as documented in the script, save it and you should be fine.
Note that a few settings rely on other settings to be configured (i.e. currently omnifocus activation will only be invoked if the quick entry panel is switched on). If you find those restrictions too cumbersome, let me know and I will look into that.