This is another update to the previous releases of my Outlook script. The main changes are
- growl notification (provided by Paul)
- fix for empty subject lines (provided by Paul and Peter)
- added mail headers (from, date) to content of the note (provided by Paul)
- a few optional hooks that you can customize the behaviour of the script
- Double click the OutlookToOmniFocus-v4.tar.gz to extract it
- Copy the contents of the zip file to <userhome>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Outlook Script Menu Items (you can do this even easier by opening Outlook, selecting the script menu item „About this menu…“ and then click „Open Folder“.
- that’s it
- select a mail in outlook
- open the script menu and choose „Send Outlook to Omnifocus“ (see screenshot) or alternatively just press CTRL+O (o, not zero)
In case something goes horribly wrong
I obviously dont hope that it does, but please open Console and watch for suspicious messages. Typically this will give you some idea.
Download the file see here:
OutlookToOmnifocus-v5.zip see update below
If you have a non-english system then your „Microsoft User Data“ folder might use a different localized name. In this case please replace „Microsoft User Data“ with the correct folder name (e.b. „Microsoft-Benutzerdaten“ if you are using a german system). Thanks to Jens for pointing this out.
I have updated the script and fixed the Growl integration. This should work now. In addition I have added a couple of CHANGEME comments in order to make it easier to customize the script.
Download the latest file here: OutlookToOmnifocus-v6.zip
Since I like to share and people were seeing issues, here is the source for the maildecoder java tool.
Please take a look at http://rainer.4950.net/wordpress/blog/category/gtd/ for the latest version of this script.