This is another update to the previous releases of my Outlook script. The main changes are
- no more use of perl
- much smaller file size
- uses java now (requires java6)
- handles arbitrary encodings (even russian)
- Double click the OutlookToOmniFocus-v4.tar.gz to extract it
- Copy the contents of the zip file to <userhome>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Outlook Script Menu Items (you can do this even easier by opening Outlook, selecting the script menu item „About this menu…“ and then click „Open Folder“.
- that’s it
Usage instructions (Updated 2010-11-03):
- select a mail in outlook
- open the script menu and choose „Send Outlook to Omnifocus“ (see screenshot) or alternatively just press CTRL+O (o, not zero)
In case something goes horribly wrong
I obviously dont hope that it does, but please open Console and watch for suspicious messages. Typically this will give you some idea.
Download the file here: OutlookToOmniFocus-v4.tar.gz
If you have a non-english system then your „Microsoft User Data“ folder might use a different localized name. In this case please replace „Microsoft User Data“ with the correct folder name (e.b. „Microsoft-Benutzerdaten“ if you are using a german system). Thanks to Jens for pointing this out.
Please check out the latest version here: