This is an update to the previous release of my Outlook script. The main changes are
- no more terminal hackery for properly configuring scripts
- script now uses absolute path which should allow you to also use it within a mail rule without changes
- does not leave dead files around spamming your root folder (yay)
One thing that it does not yet do properly is handling character conversion well when you receive mails with odd characters (@Invoker, I haven’t managed to fix this yet even though I spent already quite considerable time with it, will keep looking for a solution. If anyone knows how to convert koi8-r characters properly to utf8 I am all ears).
So summing it up, it fixes most of the problems that people were reporting previously.
- Double click the OutlookToOmniFocus-v3.tar.gz to extract it
- Copy the contents of the zip file to <userhome>/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Outlook Script Menu Items (you can do this even easier by opening Outlook, selecting the script menu item “About this menu…” and then click “Open Folder”.
- that’s it
In case something goes horribly wrong
I obviously dont hope that it does, but please open console and watch for suspicious messages. Typically this will give you some idea.
Download the file here: OutlookToOmniFocus-v3.tar.gz
Wow, today is really busy, released a new version which should fix all known issues as well as be much smaller.
Check it out here Outlook to Omnifocus take 3