I have been troubled by this problems for a couple of days. I have a MS USB keyboard that I use with a Mac (I had it before switching to the Mac and still like it, believe it or not). Anyway, after I reconnected it one day Mac OSX asked me to identify the keyboard (even though I have been using it all along). Ever since then the keyboard behaved strange and the ^ and < keys were swapped, which is obviously quite annoying.
I asked our resident Mac expert and did a bit of googling but I could not find a solution. A couple of days later I could not stand it anymore and did some intense web research and I finally stumbled over this article.
You need to delete the following file in order to make Mac OS forget the keyboard type.
I disconnected the keyboard first, deleted the file, reconnected it and Mac OS asked me again to identify the keyboard. After that, everything worked like normal again.
Thanks to Riccardo Raneri, he saved my day.
If you are developing Java on a Mac, chances are pretty high that you are using Eclipse for development. In addition you probably (or at least you better) have lots of RAM too, however, Eclipse is a bit conservative when allocating RAM. If you have tons of plugins installed, or the plugins are quite heavy (Android SDK, I am looking at you), then you can easily get in low memory situations.
The way to change the max amount of memory reserved for eclipse is somewhat buried and not trivial to find (unless you ask Google). The way to do it is to go into the eclipse folder, right click on Eclipse.app and then select „Show Package Contents“. Inside look for the eclipse.ini file (if you are running windows you can skip this step).
Here is my version of the eclipse.ini
The sections in bold are the ones that I have changed. Then just save the file and relaunch Eclipse. That should give you a bit more RAM and you should hopefully get better performance.
It seems that my previous script to make omnifocus tasks out of entourage stopped working, either due to OF 1.7.x or Snow Leopard.
Anyway I have updated the script now and it should work on all versions.
While this mail rule is currently the latest one, please take a look at the newest posts tagged with „Omnifocus„, to find if there is a newer version.
In case you have switched to Outlook, take a look at this post.
Just in time for the holidays there is an updated version of the script for all you Entourage users out there.
Creating OmniFocus tasks in Entourage – take 4