At the moment I am getting involved in a little program called
TimeTracker. Back when I was mainly using Windows I used TimeTracker
which I liked quite a lot. The Mac version has similar features but
lacks filtering and reporting features which I am in the process of
Most of the features I need already work and I am in conversation with the project lead to get them integrated.
For the not so faint of heart here is a recent build which has these additional features
- All Projects/ All Tasks view
mode (Day / Week / Month). Pick a date first and then click on day /
week / month to filter the records accordingly. In combination with the
AllProjects view this is a powerful reporting tool as also all sums
will be properly updated
- preliminary csv export. Upon app close
all records will be also saved into <$HOME>/times.csv (now that
the filtering and summary views work, I hardly use it anymore)
- ability to modify the parent task / project of an entry (no more delete and create new)
the idle watcher to also be invoked when computer goes on standby (very
nice for laptop users, just close the lid and timetracker will notice
that you dont work anymore)
- highlighting of the current running time record (grey font) to immediately see which one is the active one.
- added a “comment” field that allows you to write a descriptive comment of what you did.
The storage format of my version is not compatible with the currently
available version from googleCode. So if you got valuable data already,
be sure to backup:
before you try my version!